As 2016 is quickly coming to an end, you might be planning what conferences or gatherings you will be attending in 2017. If that is you, let me highly encourage you to look into attending the Lobby Gathering in southern California, hosted by Saddleback Church.
When I think about the church I attend and serve at, I try to think about where connections happen. They don’t happen in the kids hallway, or in the sanctuary, they are happening in the Lobby. This is where friends share a cup of coffee, visitors are greeted and made to feel welcome and people are praying with and for others. The Lobby is where all this takes place.
We feel this gathering is so much more than a conference and it is not just another training to put on your calendar to fill up time in your year. This is a time when connections are made, friendships are deepened and you can learn from others that might be farther down the road in ministry than you are.
So, here are my top five reasons as to why you should attend the Lobby Gathering in 2017:
- Relationships– Small Groups and Small Group Ministry is all about building relationships. This is a great way to make a big church small, or a way for people in the church to get to know others. Scripture teaches us to weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those that rejoice (Romans 12:15). This is a great way to live out this verse.
- Networking– At The Lobby there will be a gathering of some of the best and brightest in the world of Small Group Ministry. These few days will be a time for you to learn from, and get ideas that you can take back to where you serve and begin to implement and grow your ministry. No matter where you are in ministry, or how many groups you have, you will be able to connect with others in your same boat.
- Fireside Chats– If you have never been to the Rancho Capistrano campus you are in for a real treat. This is a beautiful location, and at night, after a day of learning, it is awesome to be able to go outside and sit by the fire as you deepen friendships, and debrief on what you learned that day.
- Refresh- This is a time for you to get away from the daily grind of ministry, and be able to reflect on the past year, and what is coming up. We know that ministry can be stressful and trying at times, and we have created a space that will allow you to unwind.
- Location- Hello, it is southern California in March. For those of you who might be somewhere that is cold and snowy I can’t think of a better place to be!
So, as you can see this will be a great time of ministry, learning and building friendships. We can’t wait to see you at The Lobby, March 6-8 2017.