Every once in a while, we at the Small Group Network stumble upon a TED talk that we can’t help but share with you.
To get the most out of this as it relates to you, and your leadership role, you might have to do a little listening. A little digging. And a little *gasp* thinking on your own.
To help you, though, we’ve put together a few questions that will get you processing.
Watch the video, by best-selling author and speaker Malcolm Gladwell, then walk through the questions with someone else. Maybe someone on your church staff. Maybe your spouse. Maybe your small group.
You’ll be better if you do.
- Read the biblical account of David and Goliath, in 1 Samuel 17.
- Did you notice anything this reading that you didn’t notice before? What stands out to you?
- Where are you overwhelmed right now? In what area/relationship are you the “underdog”?
- What weaknesses do you have in front of you?
- Who/what is your “Goliath”?
- How could your weaknesses/shortcomings/challenges actually work to your advantage?
- Have you ever seen your weaknesses become something God used to make much of Himself?